Thursday, January 6, 2011

Brown Rice "Mochi", the safe way to get energy!

Just a short post today to share with you something my wife "discovered" last night. After our trip to the in-laws where I voiced my love for "mochi" made from brown rice,"genmai" in Japanese, she decided to try put the rice in a food processer and see if a glutinous mass resembling "mochi" would result. To my surprise it did. She shaped them into small, sausage sized, patties and let them set overnight. This morning she browned them, a toaster oven is fine, and added them to miso soup. I am no fan of white rice mochi. To me it is bland and dangerous-at least 9 people died last week when it stuck in their throats. "Genmai mochi" is much more palatable and not as dangerous as the white globs of commercial...stuff.
I don't expect to convert you to a "mochi" eater, but if you need to carbo load for running or cycling, it is a great source of energy that won't constipate or kill you like white rice "mochi".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!