Monday, December 27, 2010

"Over the River and Though The Woods"

Today, Monday before the New Year’s holidays is trip prep day for us. From tomorrow I will be doing some mobile blogging and Tweeting from the in-laws I southern Honshu. They will see their grandson for the first time in 14 years. I know, my wife and I should be flogged for not visiting them since we came back from “that country”. The cost has been almost prohibitive as it costs more to go there than to go to Los Angeles. It appears that granddad is “sweating” his return; we got a very rare telephone call from them last night checking on our plans.
I would normally look forward to a bullet train trip, but not with luggage and definitely not over the crazed “Shogatsu” holidays when the trains run at 120% capacity. Cold prevention gauze masks are de rigeur . I am looking forward to getting some good photo ops and some “different” victuals from my mother-in-law’s kitchen.
So if you are so inclined, make sure you click on my links on Twitter that mention a blog post. Don’t you know that 140 characters just don’t get it on special occasions and in my book, everyday is special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!